As we go about our lives in this Easter season, it is good to spend some time thinking about what it means for us to bring the spirit of the resurrected Christ to the world. And so I spent some time reflecting on the passage in Matthew’s Gospel that immediately follows the Beatitudes, where Jesus tells his disciples that they are the “light of the world.” The fruits of my contemplation are contained in a brief reflection on the passage, which you can find here. This podcast (which runs for 7:44) talks a bit about what it means for us to be the light of the world, as well as a couple of challenges of which we need to be cognizant.
“Growing in Love and Wisdom”
My Upcoming Offerings
- Sacraments of Initiation - St. Thomas Apostle (Minneapolis) Adult Faith Formation (with Bill Nolan). April 10, 17 and 24, 6:45-8:00p.m.
- Growing in Love and Wisdom - Augsburg College, April 18, 7:30p.m..[to be rescheduled due to snow
- Intentional Discipleship and the New Evangelization - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Minneapolis, April 28, 10:00a.m..
- For information on upcoming book talks and signings ofGrowing in Love and Wisdom, see my Facebook page here. For more information about any of the events above, contact me by e-mail.
- When I Eat, I Eat wp.me/pcTef-4Y8 9 hours ago
- Just Walking wp.me/pcTef-4Y4 1 day ago
- Do You Love Me More Than These? wp.me/pcTef-4Y1 2 days ago
- We Choose Who We Let Walk Away and Who We Let Stay wp.me/pcTef-4XQ 3 days ago
- Have you Found Joy? Do you Bring Joy to Others? wp.me/pcTef-4XL 4 days ago